Here are common troubleshooting codes in case your Roomba device experiences charging or functional errors.
Roomba charging errors
Roomba blinks one time or says “Charging Error 1“; it could be that the battery is not connected. Remove the battery pull-tab or re-install the battery.
Roomba blinks 2 times or says “Charging Error 2“; Roomba overheated, so give it time to cool down.
Your Roomba blinks 3 times or says “Charging Error 3“; Roomba software needs to be reset. Simultaneously hold the two buttons below and above the CLEAN for some time and then try charging Roomba.
iRobot vacuum blinks 5 times or says “Charging Error 5“; Roomba software still needs to be reset. Simultaneously hold the two buttons below and above the CLEAN for some time and then try charging Roomba.
The indicator will vary by model.
- Roomba 900 series says “Charging error five (5). Please open the iRobot App for help.”
- Wi-Fi connected Roomba 600 and 800 series says “Charging error five (5). Please open the iRobot HOME App for help.”
- Roomba 500, 600, 700, and 800 series says “Charging error five (5).”
- The troubleshooting, CLEAN, or battery indicator will blink while charging.
- Select models display “ERR5”
Also, you can use our battery replacement picks:
- efluky 3.5Ah Ni-MH Replacement Roomba Battery + Replacement Accessory Part Kit for all iRobot Roomba Series;
- Morpilot 3800mAh Ni-MH Battery for iRobot Roomba;
- Highest Capacity! Pwr+ 4000mAh Replacement-Battery for Irobot Roomba.
Check the battery contacts and charging contacts:
Also, you can check if there has been any buildup of debris or dirt on the charging contacts of the Home Base and the robot. If found, use a clean dry cloth to remove debris from the charging contacts.
Roomba blinks 6 times or says “Charging Error 6“; the battery could be too hot so let the Roomba cool for roughly one hour then try charging once more.
You can also check our guide about Roomba’s Battery here: all about Roomba’s battery 2017.
Roomba operational errors
When it makes 1 beep or says “Error 1“; Roomba could be stuck so try moving it to a different location
Your iRobot Roomba makes 2 beeps or says “Error 2“; the cleaning brushes cannot rotate or they may be dirty, so remove and clean them. You can check our “Irobot Roomba Side Brush Not Spinning – The Step-by-step Solution“.
Roomba makes 5 beeps or says “Error 3“; a side wheel could be stuck so try rotating it.
Roomba makes 6 beeps or says “Error 6″; the cliff sensors could be dirty or Roomba could be hanging from a cliff. Use a dry cloth to wipe sensors or move Roomba to a different location.
Roomba makes 9 beeps or says “Error 9“; Beep error 9 occurs if the bumper is dirty or compressed. Remove any dirt from the bumper or tap it lightly several times.
Roomba says “Error 17“; Roomba cannot complete the cleaning work. Ensure there is enough light and remove obstacles.